Chocolate chip Cookie Dough Truffles now in a new, special Easter Edition – in the shape of an egg, creamy inside, crunchy on the outside – do I need to say more.
For a no bake make ahead dessert recipe, you can never go wrong with chocolate chip cookie dough balls.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 – 10 ounce bag dark chocolate melts
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth. Slowly add the flour.
- Stir in 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate the mixture for about 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into 60 balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for another hour.
- Melt the dark chocolate melts according to the package directions.
- Using a toothpick, dip each frozen truffle into the melted chocolate. Place onto a wax paper lined tray and gently twist out the toothpick.
- Sprinkle the tops with the extra mini chips before the chocolate sets. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.