Delectable Dorito casserole is a star-studded favorite that combines zesty beef filling, creamy cheese, and America’s favorite chip for a 30-minute meal.
Our Dorito Casserole makes an amazing addition to your weeknight dinner menu! Layered with ground beef, corn, cheese (and more!) and seasoned with savory taco spices! Then topped off with layers of crushed Dorito chips!
- 1 pound ground beef
- Half of a yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning or your favorite taco seasoning packet
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 9 ¾ ounce bag Doritos chips Nacho flavor
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese shredded, divided
- Sliced green onions diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado, sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9×13 dish with nonstick spray.
- Gently crush the chips until you have 4 cups of fairly large, bite size pieces. Set aside.
- With the remaining chips use a rolling pin and crush the chips to a fine crumb and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and onions. Drain any extra grease.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the frozen corn, taco seasoning, drained tomatoes and finely crushed leftover chips and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the sour cream and ½ cup of cheese.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of the lightly crushed Doritos in the bottom of the pan.
- Next place half of the meat mixture over the Doritos spooning large spoonfuls around and then spread.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese over the meat.
- Sprinkle another 1 ½ cups of Doritos over casserole.
- Place the remaining meat on top.
- Sprinkle the final remaining Doritos on top and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese on top of the Doritos.
- Spray a piece of foil with nonstick spray (or use nonstick foil). Cover the casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more or until the cheese has melted and browned.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Top with your favorite toppings!