Simple and easy ! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (15 ounces) can tomato sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Add the diced onion and bell pepper and let sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and garlic salt.
- Add the tomato sauce and ketchup and stir until well combined.
- Let mixture simmer over low heat while you prepare the topping.
- For the topping, add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, and eggs until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Pour the meat mixture into a 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the topping evenly over the meat mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is light golden brown.